Upcoming Live Events
- Weekly Legendary CallJan 21st 11:30am PST/ Next Week: Jan 28th 11:30am PST#Legendary LoungeCLICK HERE FOR THE DISCORD ANNOUNCEMENT
- MelonMinds Talk hosted by @Ono | The Shard Chronicles AuthorJan 22nd at 11:00am PST#Event RoomOno will be diving into how to find your purpose, and will include a problem-solving/purpose-finding Q&A!CLICK HERE FOR THE DISCORD ANNOUNCEMENT
- Founder’s Key BurnJan 24th 12:30pm PST#Event RoomCLICK HERE FOR THE DISCORD ANNOUNCEMENT
Recent Past Events (find the recordings linked in Discord)
- Building in Web 3 with Tom Bilyeu and Micah JohnsonLink to the RecordingSummary:Overview of Micah, discussion on failure, what is art, belief in yourself, focusing on the end game without putting in the work, NFTs place in Web 3, Building in Web 3, Community engagement, Micah’s project, Balancing community invested so heavily on you and trying to deliver value for them, Art vs. Utility, What is the exit?, Tokenomics, His project Aku and working on a feature film. How can the average person take advantage of web3?
- Avatar Project is set to release at the end of March
- Neon Future a partner project with Steve Aoki is still set to release June/July
- All Systems Go is still set to release end of the year
Legendary Key News
- Special Utility NFT is set to release end of Feb or early March for Legendary Keys bought during Whitelist or Presale (Token IDs 1-1387)
- Right to Partner terms and conditions are set to release soon.
IT Notion Board
IT has started a Notion Board which looks to offer some better organization than Discord for FAQ, How-To and etc..
They shared this new notion board in the #General FAQ channel in Discord.
Link to the Discord Post
This week’s staff spotlight is on @Shay.
She’s been praised for bringing some organization to the Discord by putting our events in the Calendar, recording our Legendary calls, and pinning important notices to help us find all the info we need. We asked a few questions so you can get to know her a little better…
1. What is your job role?
I am a Community Manager at Impact Theory Discord.
2. How did your career at IT begin?
I started out as a Community member just like all of you! I stumbled upon the community pretty early on while I was doing research for my own project and fell in love with the people here. I spent all my spare time getting to know the amazing people that spent time here and I was hooked.
The community really is filled with such creative, skilled, kind, strong and encouraging people. The more time I spent here the more I wanted to contribute to the community and help it grow. I heard one day that they were looking for developers so I tried to find them resumes and I would try to find other ways that I might be able to add to the community more.
The role of community manager was mentioned to me and I had helped other people apply for it. I never in a million years thought it was something I could do. After being encouraged by some of my community friends, I decided, timidly at first, why not at least try!? I have already learned so much, including that even though I am not perfect, I am capable of doing anything I set my mind to!
3. What do you actually do day-to-day?
My day to day varies a lot. But the most important part of my job is being a bridge and a point of contact between the Community and the IT team. I answer questions, try my best to provide guidance for people who are struggling with something, and complete help tickets. I also schedule events, create processes for the community and the team to make sure we are accomplishing the things we set out to do.
I work hand in hand with the CM team to make sure the community members realize how vitally important they are to us! It is so important to each of us that the community wants to continue to spend their time with us because together we can make this community continue to be the best place to be.
4. What do you love most about working for IT?
IT is so full of incredibly hard-working and motivated people and it is true that you are who you surround yourself with. I love working here because I wake up every day knowing I have to put forth my best effort to contribute. I want to do my best to help the team that works constantly to be their best. I also love that even on my worst days I am supported and encouraged to learn. If I am dropping the ball in any way they aren’t afraid to tell me what I can do to improve constructively.
I had gone to school for a career I thought would be best for my family. I was excited because the program I entered was extremely challenging and it made me feel like I was growing, but as soon as I landed my job it quickly became less about growth and helping people and more about getting as many jobs done as quickly as possible.
IT is different! We work hard and sometimes our jobs require extra time, but we are working hard to achieve goals together, face successes and failures together! And taking those failures and turning them around together. It has been such a validating thing to enter a space where I am heard, challenged and where I can grow.
5. Fav book or podcast?
I love all books, genres and podcasts, so this is a hard thing to nail down. I will say that I absolutely love:
- Neil Stephenson
- “Pillars of the Earth” by Ken Follet
- Andrew Huberman’s Podcast
- “Love Languages” by Gary Chapman (I am learning mine is words of affirmation!)
6. Fun fact about you?
I have two degrees. One in Communication and one in Dental Hygiene.
When I was getting my Communication degree I completed an internship with Walt Disney World where I received a Mouseters Degree in their Disney Exploration Marketing Series and a Ductorate in Disney Human Resource Management.
Let us know which of the IT staff members you’d like to be featured next : )
Did you know?
1032 of the Founder’s keys were given the ‘Love’ symbol ❤️
– 11 of these are in position #1
– 151 are in position #2
– 431 are in position #3
– 439 are in position #4
While position of the symbols is not important, the symbols that you own could have an impact in the future. We do have open questions on how they integrate into future projects (Avatars) but until then grab the ones that mean something to you. ❤️
How many of these will survive the burn event? We don’t know, but with Valentine’s day fast approaching, now is the time to hold one of these LOVE keys.
Will this be the first event Tom celebrates with special key holders? ?